By Kelly williams
The worlds of high-end Color LCD Modules are taken over. As our world develops and embedded devices become more sophisticated and prevalent, we tend to look at design art. TFT LCD modules are a type of variant of an LCD that uses thin-film devices such as: computer monitors, TV, mobile phone, kindles, and navigation system. The construction of a color LCD module or TFT LCD is quite amazing because of the circuit layout process; this kind of layout is similar to the layout of a semiconductor product.
The benefits of TFT LCD are as follows: visibility is sharper, less energy consumption, in other words, has superb quality, response time, physical design, less eye strain etc…
To choose the right China TFT modules for your application, there are some questions to be asked and many factors to be considered. These are fundamentals from brightness & size to the operating environment, technology, and interface.
- Size: It is the starting point for the number of projects. There are mainly two sizes to consider, outline dimension and active area. Outline dimension describes the minimum space the LCD module will take up within a product. The active area is relevant to the display window on the finished product.
- Brightness: Brightness, viewing angle, and contrast are also major issues directed by the environment in which your product is used and how it is to be used. There are several variants in these parameters with different technology of the display. TN, STN, and IPS govern the basics, but optical enhancements such as circular polarizers, O-film, and anti-reflective coating also play a part.
Brightness – there are options in brightness levels with size and range and. In addition, technical options are available, which can extend product life and reduce power consumption. All TFT LCD modules unite LEDs as back-light.
- Viewing Angle: It is measured by LCD type but with options available, for example, contrast enhancement mechanisms with IPS technology allowing 180-degree viewing capability.
- Contrast Ratio: It is the most crucial factor in optical performance and where most losses are noticed is in high ambient light conditions. Many mechanisms are available to manage this parameter, from timing control (TMR) internally to surface coatings like AR (anti-reflection and outdoor conditions optical bonding).
The above three characteristics are intimately connected, and there are various enhancements available to suit different applications and environments.
- Interface: TFT displays come in various interfaces, HDMI, LVDS, RGB, SPI, MIPI, RS232, and Parallel MCU. Choosing one of those is determined by the resources you have on your application, as they all put different demands on time and system requirements.
- Temperature: There is some basic science behind the temperature range of an LCD module. This needs careful management to get the best lifetime performance. Most LCD Modules Manufacturers offer operation ranges of -20/-30 to +70/+80 degrees. Also, there are mechanisms and techniques to improve such performance.
- Surface Coating, Cover Len, Touch Screen, and Optical Bonding: Displace enhancement has become a significant factor in today’s market, with more outdoor products. In addition, in Smartphones and Tablets, intelligent user interfaces and touch functions are prerequisites for most new designs. The option and availability of these improvements have therefore become much easier and much more cost-effective. Whatever is needed, there is now an easy, cost-effective option available.
Kelly williams is an expert in Technology. A writer by day and reader by night, she is managing lots of blogs.