There’s no doubt that a home theater system can take your movie-watching experience to the next level. But with so many different varieties of home theater systems on the market, it can be hard to know where to start. Do you need a surround sound system? What kind of speakers are best for your space? And what kind of budget should you be looking at? Through this blog post, we’ll give you a crash course in all things home theater so that you can make a well-informed choice about which system is right for you. Read on for everything you need to learn more about choosing the perfect home theater system for your needs and budget.
Types of Home Theater Systems
When it comes to choosing a home theater system, there are three main things you’ll need to consider: audio, video, and budget. Depending on your needs, you may want a simple two-speaker system or a more elaborate surround sound system. You’ll also need to decide whether you want a traditional TV or a projector setup. And finally, you’ll need to think about how much you’re willing and able to spend on your new home theater.
Here’s a quick overview of the different home theater systems so that you can get started on choosing the perfect one for you:
- Audio Only: If you’re mostly interested in improving the sound quality of your movie-watching experience, then an audio-only system might be the way to go. Audio-only systems typically include a receiver and two or more speakers.
- Video Only: If you’re mostly interested in upgrading your TV or projector setup, then a video-only system might be right for you. Video-only systems typically include a TV or projector, along with a Blu-ray player or streaming device.
- Home Theater in a Box: A home theater in a box system typically include a receiver, speakers, subwoofer, TV, Blu-ray player, and/or streaming device.
Home Theater Accessories
No matter which type of home theater system you choose, there are a few essential accessories you’ll need in order to get set up. Here’s what you’ll need:
- HDMI cables: HDMI cables are used to connect your Blu-ray player, streaming device, or other media source to your receiver or TV.
- Speaker wire/cables: Most home theater systems come with speaker wire/cables so that you can easily connect your speakers to your receiver.
- Remote control: A good remote control will allow you to easily adjust the volume and settings on your home theater system without having to get up from your comfortable spot on the couch.
- Batteries: Many remotes require batteries in order to function, so be sure to have some on hand before setting up your new home theater system.
Other accessories you can consider are
- A universal remote control
- A soundbar
- A wireless rear speaker kit
- An AV receiver
- A Blu-ray player
Now that you know more about home theater systems and the different types available on the market today. You can make an informed decision about which one is right for your needs and budget. Don’t forget to check out our selection of home theater systems before you make your final purchase!